Swimming works your whole body, improving cardiovascular conditioning, muscle strength, endurance, posture, and flexibility all at the same time. Your cardiovascular system in particular benefits because swimming improves your body’s use of oxygen without overworking your heart.
As you become more fit and are able to swim longer, your resting heart rate and respiratory rate will be reduced, making blood flow to the heart and lungs more efficient. If you’re looking to lose weight, swimming is just the ticket. On average, a swimmer can burn as many calories in an hour as a runner who runs six miles in one hour. Some call swimming the perfect form of exercise.
Come to the pool and enjoy a great workout on your own or in our AquaFit classes. We provide water weights, resistance gloves, and noodles to bump up your workout. Splish Splash today!
Mature guests are welcome to enjoy the Athletic Facility including the pool, whirlpool, steam room and sauna but only if accompanied by a member. The minimum age for guests is eighteen except for the time period of 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM on Saturdays during which time the pool will be available as follows:
1. Children of any age can use the pool when supervised at all times by the accompanying Member;
2. Only the pool can be used by such children;
3. The bathroom near the Massage Area and the Massage Rooms may be used for changing, additionally the shower in the steam/sauna area may be used;
4. Locker Rooms are not to be used by those under the minimum age of eighteen;
5. A provided waiver of legal liability must be signed by the accompanying Member, as well as the parent of any child.